The Recrawl option allows you to instantly crawl new pages after an update. This can range from content revamp across pages to new product additions. It will immediately reflect in the updated results when a relevant search is made.
While the scheduled crawling will detect the new content during their routine process, the recrawl option allows you to manually trigger an instant crawling to detect and index fresh additions with no time gap.
- Add new data source domain – The option is ideal when there are changes across the defined data source(s). A full-fledged crawling will be conducted to ensure that all the additions are reflected. Since the entire data source is undergoing crawling, this process would take a while to reflect in the search results.
- Remove the data source – The option allows you to remove data source(s) that you’d like to remove from indexing.
- Add specific URLs to index – When changes are made to specific URL(s), the option allows you to add the URL(s) for instant crawling. You will witness instant updation and reflection of results in the searches.
- Remove specific URLs – Similarly, the option allows you to remove specific URLs that you’d like to remove from indexing.
- Re-crawl selected data source(s) – The option allows you to choose and select the data sources to crawl, refresh, and update the existing record.
- The ‘Re-crawl all’ option allows you to crawl all the data sources in the collection after updating the existing page.
- It is essential to note that the option is only available on existing pages.